Keto Acai Bowls
Acai bowls are great for when you’re looking for an energizing way to start the day, or a refreshing treat to stay motivated. Besides being easy to make, acai bowls can help support your healthy lifestyle and are both Keto and Paleo-friendly. The acai berry itself is a highly nutritious berry that contains essential antioxidants and tastes great. Simply mix in with your favorite toppings for a guilt-free and delicious snack!
Best Acai Bowl with Granola
While some acai mixtures include fruit juice, our Keto acai bowl recipe swaps this out for a less sweet, but more protein-packed alternative -- nut milk.
Frozen fruit is the key to a thick, creamy acai bowl. Be sure to put your acai puree, banana and blueberries or strawberries in the freezer the night before.
- 2 (3.5 oz) packets of unsweetened acai puree
- 1 frozen ripe banana
- ½ cup unsweetened nut milk of choice
- ½ cup of frozen blueberries or strawberries
- 1 handful of Within/Without chewy granola (any flavor)
- Honey (optional)
- Thaw the frozen ingredients slightly, about 5-10 minutes.
- While the fruit for your Keto acai bowl is thawing, set up your blender or food processor.
- Add the acai puree, banana, frozen fruit and nut milk to the blender.
- Blend until the ingredients are smooth. If the mixture is too thick, add another splash of nut milk until you achieve a thick, yogurt-like texture.
- Pour the mixture into bowls, add a handful of the Within/Without’s best granola for acai bowls and top with fresh fruit to enjoy!
Tip: Want to make your bowl a little sweeter? Add honey to the mixture before serving, or drizzle it on top!
Our Favorite Paleo and Keto-Friendly Acai Bowls
Now that you’ve got the basics down, find your acai bowl inspiration with some of our favorite flavor combinations!
Nut Lover’s Delight
Add some healthy fats to your bowl by adding a spoonful of your favorite nut butter to the mix and blend. Once it’s done, sprinkle on coconut flakes and add fresh fruit. Top it off with our Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Grain-Free Granola. In our opinion it’s the best granola for acai bowls.
Summer means refreshing treats and fresh fruit, so give your Keto acai bowl mixture some variety by adding frozen pineapple with lemon or lime juice. Top with fresh blueberries, strawberries, kiwi, sliced bananas or raspberries. Sprinkle with chia seeds and Blueberry Grain-Free Paleo Granola for an extra healthy boost.
Chocolate Cherry Celebration
This flavor combo is a classic. When making your acai mixture, substitute the nut milk with chocolate almond milk and blend with the fruits of your choosing, and top it off with Cherry Grain-Free Paleo Granola. The dried cherry pieces in the granola add a subtle tartness that makes it one of the best granolas for sweet acai bowls like this one.