Founded in 2014, our mission is to make clean eating easy and accessible with our soft and chewy granolas that are Certified Paleo (free-from grains, dairy, soy and refined sugars), Gluten Free and high in protein. As we grow our retail distribution, we are seeking to expand our team with like-minded wellness enthusiasts that want an opportunity to get involved with an emerging brand.
About the Position
We are looking for a creative, driven, results-oriented individual who is passionate about health & wellness. We are seeking self-starters who can not only execute a marketing plan efficiently, but also aid in creating and managing new marketing initiatives that will drive brand awareness. This individual will support all marketing efforts ranging from digital and social media to traditional marketing initiatives, PR duties, & promotional events.
Success in this three-month unpaid internship can springboard into a part-time or full-time position upon graduation. This is a virtual, 10-15 hour per week opportunity with weekly meetings at our West Loop office.
This internship will teach you how companies create marketing & branding campaigns from the ground up. You will learn and play a role in the creative process by working with consumer research to strategize brand positioning and then brainstorm and execute marketing campaigns. You will also gain experience in working in the fast-past environment of a startup. Many of our interns also receive two to three credit hours at their respective universities.
- Support in the execution of marketing programs across a variety of platforms as well as tracking & reporting
- Drafting, developing and proofreading blog content
- Assist in preparing customer mailing lists, both electronic & print, for newsletters, studies, event invitations, etc.
- Monitor, analyze and report on social media engagement and growth; assist with competitor research and monitor new digital and social media platforms
- Grow brand influencer program; develop relationships with relevant bloggers & social media influencers, create relevant campaigns leveraging these contacts and track/report
- Assist in developing, executing and reporting on email marketing campaigns. Develop compelling marketing deliverables that encourage click-throughs and drive website traffic. Creating corresponding reporting to documents to track and grow email list
- Hone presentation, communication & sales skills through product demonstrations & customer education events.
- Aiding in the creation, development and execution of marketing collateral
- Maintaining marketing material up-to-date and insuring everything adheres to corporate branding guidelines
- Assist with administrative tasks as needed
- Pursuing or recently completed B.A. in Marketing, Communications or related field
- Prior experience in managing social media platforms
- Experience with content creation is a plus
- Solid understanding of different marketing techniques
- Familiarity with MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Google Docs
- Passion for the health & wellness industry and strong desire to learn
- Ability to multi-task and work independently
- Energetic, out-going personality that can easily interact with others
- Excellent writing, editing, spelling and communications skills
- Excellent attention to detail